question

ecoworld avatar image
ecoworld asked

VRM app always launches vars.hotjar.com on iOS also when UI refreshed

Recently, whenever I launch VRM app on my iPhone or iPad safari suddenly opens a fresh tab at the URL vars.hotjar.com

I have to switch back the display to find VRM interface

Am I the only person experiencing this?

I emailed Victron as well as my local support guys but they must all be using windows as they couldn't help.

Please watch attached video of me opening VRM then refreshing by swiping down.

its very annoyin. Hotjar.com are a web GUI tracking company. I’ve told them about it as well but they were useless.

https://youtu.be/NDnRlGxnwyY

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ecoworld avatar image
ecoworld answered ·

I updated the VRM app on both of my iOS devices and the problem has gone away now. Victron’s software team are amazing, thanks go to them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@EcoWorld

Possibly just your machine has an issue, a gremlin in the cookies.

To find out:

Choose Safari > Preferences from the Safari menu bar.

Click the Privacy icon.

Click Manage Website Data.

Use the Search field to find the name of the redirecting website, then select the website and click Remove.

Safari then removes all stored data for the website, including cache and cookies.

This might sign you out of the website or change its behavior.

Click Done, then close Safari preferences.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You probably have a browser toolbar or extension installed accidentally. VRM works fine in the apple ecosystem.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @EcoWorld,

Thanks for the report, I have passed it on to the developers.

It should not happen of course, though I don't think there is anything wrong with your system.

4 comments
2 |3000

The developers have told me that this should not occur with the current version of VRM - can you please confirm that you have updated to the latest version of VRM from the App Store?
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
There is no benefit to using an app to access vrm from a mobile device.

It is just a wrapper for the website.

Create a bookmark in safari and access it that way, seems faster and easier to me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Until recently I would agree with you, however, new and powerful features are coming to VRM app imminently, which are not possible with the website alone.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Good to know. Just remember to tell us about them when available.

Shout if you need any testflight testers.

0 Likes 0 ·