question

andylinton avatar image
andylinton asked

Quattro not using batteries - help please?

Hi all, this is a new installation by me, using 2nd hand parts. Quattro 1000/48, two MPPT 150/60s and a Color Control GX. Plus three Pylontech 2000W batteries and 2 x 2400W PV strings.
At the moment, even in full sun, the system is running the load from the grid. Batteries are showing 100%, PVs are showing good voltage, but the Quattro isn't using them.
Yesterday I tried switching it to Inverter only, it dropped the supply completely then rebooted, after a few minutes it came back up using the PVs.
But when evening came, it did not switch to batteries, it went directly to grid. And then this morning again its stuck on grid.
Anyone any ideas what could be causing this please? Maybe I have some settings incorrect.
Help appreciated.

Andy
Alicante
Spain.

MPPT ControllersCCGX Color Controlquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AndyLinton

Do you have anything under ESS on the GX device at all?

Has the inverter been programmed in any way?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andylinton avatar image andylinton commented ·

ESS says 'Optimised with battery life'.

The inverter was programmed in its previous life I guess, I have programmed it as best I can with minimal knowledge.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ andylinton commented ·

@AndyLinton

I do have one comment about the number of batteries on your system, there is not enough if you have a 10kVa inverter.

We all started somewhere so dont stress about that.

Everything you need to know is freely available online if you know where to look.

Here is the pylotec victron manual. Easy to follow.

Try setting a lower grid set point.

Can be found in the ess menu.

0 Likes 0 ·
andylinton avatar image andylinton Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks for that, OK on batteries, I started with that for cost, and as the incoming grid to the house is only 6.9kW anyway; But agreed, I'd like more. Maybe another 4kWH soon.

OK on the manual, I'll have a look.

A

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources