question

jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie asked

duplicated instance of the same device

Hi everybody

I just wonder if I made something wrong or if I'm facing a "system feature"

In my newly installed structure (see screen shot) I have one Fronius inverter but it is listed twice in VRM portal.

If I delete one, the other or both instances, they come back automatically

From CerboGX interface (and physically) only one inverter is present and parameterized

any idea how to correct this ?

best regardsvrm-20220715.png

VRM
vrm-20220715.png (71.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Looks like a bug. I'll report it for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is it ok for the developers to check your system, If so please give us the VRM instance no. Thanks.

2 |3000

jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

Hi kevgermany and thank you for your help

in between I made some changes in my network (to have all links wired instead of wireless) and this lead to what seems to be a big mess in my installation.

The VRM portal has lost the connection to all device, despite several reboot of the CerboGX. In local everything is fine (except the lost to Fronius) but remotely : no devices, even cerbo, is detected from VRM portal.

What ID do you need:

- the VRM portal ID from cerboGX page, is it safe to share this on a public forum?

- or the VRM installation ID giving access to installation page on VRM?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's the number immediately after the word installation in the web address. These are password protected, so reasonably safe, but I'll delete it as soon as it's copied to the developers.

2 |3000

jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

yes question was for portal ID mainly, the other one is linked to my account, that I know.

But I have another type of "system feature" : by activating ethernet link instead of the wireless connection I loose the capacity for the cerboGX to communicate with VRM portal and Fronius, any internal communication is fine even through the ethernet IP address but external: nothing.

Is there a procedure to switch to ethernet instead of wifi?

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
Sorry, missed this yesterday.

One of the others will have to help with your system feature, sorry

2 |3000

jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

No problem, thank you for your help kevgermany, I will open a new thread for the other issue.

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

Was that problem solved?

I have similar problem.

screen-shot-2022-07-18-at-94702-am.png

1 comment
2 |3000

jeanmarie avatar image jeanmarie commented ·
Hi marekp, no, not solved yet

0 Likes 0 ·