question

forsmanf avatar image
forsmanf asked

Easyplus inverts but doesn't charge

Hi

I have an EasyPlus1600 12/1600/70.

It has worked without a problem until recently.

Now, it works as an inverter but does not charge the batteries anymore.

I am using it in my boat to charge the domestic battery (300ah LiFePO4) and the starter battery (AGM).

With the mains connected, I have measured that I have 230V into the EasyPlus. However, when checking the parameters with VEConfig the mains looks to be about 130V.

bild-2022-07-14-kl-0930.jpg

The problem might have occured when the inverter was accidently switched on with a kettle connected. The kettle is rated 2000w wich is more than the 1600w the EasyPlus can provide. I assume that the inrush current became large when the inverter was switched on. The domestic battery BMS did trip and disconnected the battery. The discharging overcurrent protection is set to 150A. I have checked the DC-fuse inside the EasyPlus and that is not the problem. Another thing that puzzles me is that when my remote Control - VE.Bus Multicontrol (on/off/charge only) - is set to off the low battery led is lit.

If anyone can help me understand how to get my charger going I would appreciate it very much! Thanks in advance.

Here are screenshots of the rest of the parameters.

70ff3f01-f4d3-4541-ac01-8e0616df59b9.jpeg

bild-2022-07-14-kl-0945.jpg

bild-2022-07-14-kl-0945.jpg

bild-2022-07-14-kl-0946.jpg

bild-2022-07-14-kl-0946.jpg

bild-2022-07-14-kl-0946-1.jpg

bild-2022-07-14-kl-0946-2.jpg

Here is a photo of our boat a few days ago.

img-0561.jpeg

multiplus ve.busEasyPlus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

forsmanf avatar image forsmanf commented ·

OK, so now we have shore power again and I have made some new measurements. I yanked out the AC IN cable and there is 230V coming in.

measurment-2.png

I also measured the voltage over the input and output breaker. With the inverter set to Charger only with shore power connected there is no voltage between A-B or B-C. With the inverter set to ON, with shore power connected, there is 230 V between A-B and B-C.

measurement-input-braker.png

When I use VEvonfig to look at the VE. Bus monitor the UMains reads 130V when it should be 230V. There is something fishy here. Could it be something with the transformer? That it takes two windings to create 230V and that one of the windings either is burned or has a bad connector. Just an idea...

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Sten avatar image
Sten answered ·

Where have you exactly mesured the input voltage?

Is it at the land connector or at the input connector on the Easyplus. And if you could messure before and after the input breaker, you could find out if its the breaker landconnector or multiplus the problem is.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

forsmanf avatar image forsmanf commented ·

Thanks, Sten

I measured the input voltage onboard, in the junction box before the Easyplus. Thus I know that there is 230V coming into the Easyplus. However, I didn't measure before and after the input breaker in the Easyplus. At the moment we are at anchorage but I will check as soon as I have access to shore power again.

This is what the sunset looked like tonight. :-)

for-6948.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
for-6948.jpg (4.1 MiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic