question

swampbush avatar image
swampbush asked

Easyplus fan reduced running with new firmware

I just installed an Easyplus inverter/charger, initially the fan ran a lot. Today I updated the firmware to enable the VE Bus Smart Dongle to see the Easyplus. Now the fan only runs when there is an overload condition. The smart dongle gets heat warnings, but the fan doesn't come on. If the inverter is overloaded, the fan will come on and run for a few seconds after the load is removed. The unit seems warm to the touch and the ambient temperature is over 30 deg C.

Is this normal with the latest firmware? I see in the firmware log that changes were made to reduce the fan run time after my unit was built. Firmware was 2606v154 and is now 2606v433

EasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, yes we optimised the fan algorithms; less airflow is less noise; and less wear by ‘sandblasting’ the internals

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ps. the unit is not supposed to switch off; I’m not entirely sure if this happens for you?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul avatar image Paul commented ·

Hi Mvader, I am having similar issues with my easyplus. New firmware (Version 469) and the fan does not run ever and am getting High Temp Warnings as a result. Seems new fan run program is way too lean. I need my fan here in this Australian summer I think. Can we get a middle-ground program so that the fan comes on again but maybe not so much as with the early firmware?

Just had a look at the firmware changelog and the fan program was altered way back in V208.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
swampbush avatar image
swampbush answered ·

Should I still be getting overtemp warnings on the bluetooth app from ve bus smart dongle if the fan is not running?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic