question

lawrence-craig avatar image
lawrence-craig asked

Abs Voltage High - SmartSolar - Consistent Temp

Hi all.

I can see this question has been asked before but the answers seem different from my situation.

I have SmartSolar (x3) with VE Smart Network connected to SmartShunt, Multiplus (Off) and RPi running Venus OS (DVCC off).

Today, the Abs voltage was +0.4v over target (14.4v). I am in Greece where the current batt temp is 25C and was likely same temp this morning. Temp compensation is -16.2mV/C.

Why else would the controllers be taking Abs voltage to +0.4v?

Images below.

Thanks.

screenshot-2022-07-13-at-132830.pngscreenshot-2022-07-13-at-135056.pngscreenshot-2022-07-13-at-132901.png

MPPT ControllersSmartShuntVE.Smart Network
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
Why are you using VE.Smart Networking if you have a GX/Venus OS device?

Why is DVCC off?

What is set as battery monitor in the GX device?

1 Like 1 ·
lawrence-craig avatar image lawrence-craig seb71 commented ·

I have connected using VE Direct to USB to the Pi and been told that the DVCC only works over Canbus. When I try use DVCC, I find the 3 chargers don't synchronise on charging phase. When I go to the status on VenusOS, the units say they are not networked and acting as standalone. I have raised this here (https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/144067/dvcc-on-raspberry-pi.html?childToView=144069#answer-144069)

Battery Monitor is SmartShunt.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 lawrence-craig commented ·
When you tried with DVCC on, did you also enabled Shared Voltage Sense, Shared Temperature Sense and Shared Current Sense?

And without also using VE.Smart Networking.

1 Like 1 ·
lawrence-craig avatar image lawrence-craig seb71 commented ·
Yes to all and with VE Smart Networking turned off.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers