question

andreja-doo avatar image
andreja-doo asked

Phoenix Smart Inverter 24/3000 overheating problem

I have a Phoenix Smart Inverter 24/3000 and an overheating problem. The device works, but after 1 hour it issues a warning "High temperature alarm/warning". I note that the outside temperature is 25°C, and the consumer's power is 1990VA (picture in att.) I also connected an additional (external) cooler, but without results.

Please help...

tec3.jpg tec1.jpg tec2.jpg

Temperature Alarm
tec3.jpg (76.6 KiB)
tec1.jpg (197.2 KiB)
tec2.jpg (232.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Rüdiger Schuhknecht avatar image
Rüdiger Schuhknecht answered ·

I have no answer but the same problem with my 24/2000.

At usage under 1000va everything is normal, using more VA results in high temp alarm after 30-50 minutes.

I printed a new box-cover to integrate some vents (two 60mm vents pulling air outside on top, one 120mm vent pulling out in the middle and an 120mm axial-vent pushing air inside at the bottom).

Even with this heavy airflow and an inside temp of 20 deg. the inverter shuts down !

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wolfganglowl avatar image
wolfganglowl answered ·

I also have the same problem, but unfortunately no solution yet.
My Phoenix Inverter Smart 48/3000 has a constant load of 2070VA with a power factor of 0.99 at a room temperature of 15°C. After about 4 hours, a "high temperature alarm/warning" appears and the inverter switches off shortly afterwards. According to the data sheet, 2200VA should still be possible even at 40°C. Apparently there is no technical support at Victron.
It is possible that it is a software problem - but who should I report it to if there is no contact available?
Does anyone have any ideas?

2 |3000

alexander-kolb avatar image
alexander-kolb answered ·

I have the same problem. Think, the inverter warms up to quickly, even under very supporting environment conditions like low outside temperature and good ventilation. Even an external blower did not bring big benefit.

2 |3000

wolfganglowl avatar image
wolfganglowl answered ·

I contacted the dealer and asked him if he was aware of the problem. Since he does not know this error, he recommended that I send him the inverter for inspection. If he does not find a fault, then he will forward the device to Victron. Victron should normally take 3 to 4 weeks to process according to the dealer. I will send the inverter to the dealer. As soon as I have a result, I will post it here.

7 comments
2 |3000

wolfganglowl avatar image wolfganglowl commented ·

After I sent the device for repair, I first heard nothing from the dealer for two weeks. Then suddenly a brand new inverter was waiting at the door. There was no comment from the dealer, but I now got a replacement without any discussions. Unfortunately, I could not test the device yet, but I assume that not every inverter has the error of my first device and the problem is therefore solved. Obviously Victron is very accommodating in this case.

0 Likes 0 ·
andreas-siebenmorgen avatar image andreas-siebenmorgen wolfganglowl commented ·
Did you had time to test the new device?

What was the manufactoring date of the od device and what is the one of the replacement device?

I have the exact same problem and am not very happy with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
wolfganglowl avatar image wolfganglowl andreas-siebenmorgen commented ·

Unfortunately, there is no manufactoring date on the inverter.
I bought the faulty device in July 22, the replaced one I got in March 23.
Unfortunately, I can not test the new inverter, because I now have a 48/5000 in use. For testing I would have to remove the 48/5000 and install the 48/3000.
Based on my experience with Victron, I would send the defective inverter for repair/replacement (if still under warranty).

0 Likes 0 ·
Ok, thanks.

BTW: Manufactoring date (Year/Week) is coded in die serial number.

0 Likes 0 ·
The serial number of the defective inverter is HQ22104792E.
0 Likes 0 ·
Week 10 in 2022.

So it was one of the affected devices with the "fan noise issue", no matter if it has something to do with the heat problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Perhaps there is a connection. My unit was indeed very loud compared to the new 48/5000, which is much quieter and requires 150W less input power for the same output power.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic