question

paulm avatar image
paulm asked

Venus OS Large - Victron nodes in NodeRed do not reconnect after reboot

I'm running Venus OS Large V2.9~14 on a Raspberry Pi3. NodeRed and MQTT are enabled. I've added a small NodeRed flow that publishes selected SolarCharger and Inverter data to the local MQTT broker by using the Victron nodes and the MQTTout node (described here - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/143614/venus-os-mqtt-a-simple-way-of-publishing-customise.html). When initially set up it worked fine, but I've just found if I reboot the Raspberry Pi the Victron nodes do not re-connect to the system. Editing the nodes and clicking 'Deploy' makes no difference, the only way I found to make them work again has been to delete them and re-insert them into the flow. It seems to be a problem with the Victron specific nodes, not the way I'm using them as the same happens if I simply connect them to a debug node.

Otherwise no other problems with Venus OS Large...

PaulM

Venus OSNode-RED
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tryagain10 avatar image tryagain10 commented ·

I have the same problem with Victron flows.

Like Paul said, delete the victron entity and reinsert/config brings it back online.

Cliff

0 Likes 0 ·
tryagain10 avatar image tryagain10 commented ·
I've done some more investigation, it appears to be related to the VRM instance.

I noticed after the reboot my stunt had a new VRM instance and the old one was just sitting there.

I deleted the old one and rebooted again and the VRM instance changed back to the original.

Maybe, if I had left the battery monitor node unchanged, it may just reconnected.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
paulm avatar image
paulm answered ·

I've just had the need to re-boot the Raspberry Pi again. Same problem, none of the Victron nodes connected. Instead of deleting the Victron nodes and re-inserting them, this time I added a new one first, edited it as a duplicate of the first node, clicked 'Done' and all the nodes suddenly connected. Deleted the new one and all seems to be working fine again.

Maybe related to the 'keepalive' function ??? I don't want to trigger the 'keepalive' as it will push a mass of unwanted data onto the Venus MQTT broker for 60 secnds and almost certainly crash my MQTT to InfluxDB bridge program.

PaulM

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.