question

Brian Brown avatar image
Brian Brown asked

Ignore AC input VS function not working

I have (2) Quattro 48/5000/70-2x100 120V (FW v494) running in split phase. 95% of the time I'm in an off grid configuration but if I don't have sun for a few days (or I'm testing) I'll provide AC via the grid to the AC-2 inputs. I have setup the virtual switch to ignore the AC inputs unless the criteria is met (see configuration). The problem I'm having is I provide AC to the inputs but the Quattro's switch from inverting to AC passthrough plus charging even though the conditions haven't been met. Can some check my configuration to see if I have done something wrong? When I first installed the system this function worked properly. I used VRM remote configuration to download and make a a couple of charger configuration changes then upload. Even though VRM configuration upload didn't require a restart of the Quattro's do they need to be restarted? L1 & L2 Quattro's are configured identically.

virtual switch
l1-config.pdf (298.4 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Brian Brown

The system does not always require a restart.

Did you re download the config to check everything uploaded correctly?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Brown avatar image Brian Brown Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes. The above config PDF was printed from a fresh download today. Anything in the config that would explain why it is switching? The battery was fully charged and the AC load was ~400W so it shouldn't have switched to the AC input. I'm using an external SmartShunt for the battery monitor, not the inverter battery monitor. Everything is hardwired networked through a Cerbo GX.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Brian Brown

Try changing the entries you have for the times there in VS for "0" (zero) to something realistic, like a "1", or even a decimal point figure. I'm always reluctant to use zeros like this, and in some cases may actually default to no action. Just something to try..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dunnp avatar image
dunnp answered ·

I suggest using the VS option above - ie "Ignore AC input: VS on = ignore, VS off = do not ignore". That worked on my MultiPlus. I didn't try the "Dedicated ignore AC input" so unsure how it is supposed to work. Phil

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant