question

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar asked

what is the reason for VE.Bus Error 3: Not all, or more than, the expected ... ?? cascaded ESS issues?

Hello ,

My system reset in the morning with " VE.Bus Error 3: Not all, or more than, the expected devices were found in the system on VE.Bus System"

along with " VE.Bus Error 10: System time synchronisation problem occurred "

How do I get to the root cause of the issue .

The only special conditions I might think of was there was no grid and there is a second smaller 800 VA multi working in ESS mode on the AC out1 of the 5 x 3 Quattro configuration

Could The LOM 2 detection in 800 VA multi trigger this ? If yes .

I will move the 800 VA on ACout 2 so it works only in presence of grid and gets islanded when grid is absent

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Anil Ghatikar, it could be that Multi 800VA; causing an overload. But then I'd expect to see overload somewhere in the logs.

Also see here

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_3_-_not_all_or_more_than_the_expected_devices_were_found_in_the_system

(and then Error #1 and Error #10 as well).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offgridsolutions avatar image offgridsolutions commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) i have error 3 on multiple systems using multiplus inverters so I don’t think it is a cabling problem.

the systems are 3phase with switch as group un-ticked, only mains connected to L1 for charging, as soon as you turn the inverters off via a venusgx or via modbus the alarm is triggered, you can’t then restart the inverters without acknowledging the alarm. Any chance you can test this?

p.s. I’m not using home made cables and I’ve tried various makes cables

I have confirmed this on 3x 48v 3000kva multiplus2 and 3x 24v 1200va multi plus as well

0 Likes 0 ·
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

@mvader You nailed it perfectly - There was overload and thermal waring on L1 around the same time .

I tracked it down to faulty contactor in the islanding box. The contractor was hot to touch and slightly discolored

I have replaced with the identical contactor. I hope the duty cycle of the Nigerian grid ( power loss at least 7-8 times a day) is not shortening the life. Maybe I will replace with a heavy duty version

Also moved the smaller multi to ACout 2

1 comment
2 |3000

Lindsay avatar image Lindsay commented ·
@Anil Ghatikar can you please assist me.

i have a 3phase multiplus-II and when I switch on the first one to configure it it switches on perfectly, as soon as i switch on the second one it starts beeping and absorption LED switches on. Same for the third one but if I'm switching them on separetly there's no problem.

0 Likes 0 ·