question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Temperature Sensors not matching

The temperature sensor ASS000001000 that came with the Multiplus i used on my MPPT , today i connected another one but this time to the Cerbo , its connected to the same battery lug but showing 9 dgrees more . There are three different types ,of battery sensors so im wondering if i have wrong type or if it would make any difference , how to tell the three different types apart . Have now removed it from the Cerbo and fitted it in the Multiplus and its within 1 degree .
An observation that i dont know is significant or not is the sensor that came with the Multiplus and i used on the MPPT changes in increments of 1/10 of a degree , this new one connected to the Cerbo only changes in full degrees , no parts of a degree are displayed either but that could be down the the way the Cerbo works and Multiplus works .

1.jpg

opera-snapshot-2022-07-06-080453-vrmvictronenergyc.png

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The Cerbo and multiplus use the same sensor. The BMV does not.

The following thread describes how to calibrate. Suggest you check actual with an IR temp gun.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/74048/temperature-sensor-with-cerbo-gx-and-touch-50.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Thanks Kevgermany but i dont have a IR temp gun and other than this i wouldn't have any use for one . These sensors are supposed to be accurate to 1 degree clearly if i have the correct sensor its out by 800% . Most people would buy a piece of equipment either with the sensor included or buy one separately and just fit it oblivious to its accuracy , that is enough to destroy thousands of euros worth of batteries . How many people would buy something to check the sensor or even question if its accuracy .

My concern now is the sensor that has been controlling the charge voltage of new AGM batteries , has it been 9 degrees out and i have been over half a volt out on the charge setpoints or is the new one 9 degrees out or possibly they both are wrong .

I dont know why the one supplied with the Multiplus and the Type C are not marked in some way to identify them as they look almost identical .

Have now removed it from the Cerbo and fitted it in the Multiplus and its within 1 degree but i guess it would be as i had previously set the offset when it was on the Cerbo

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor