question

mitoki avatar image
mitoki asked

multiplus 12/1200/50 not charging and not switching to AC-IN when shore power connected

When applying AC in (Grid shore power) relay toggles periodically. IN CHG-only mode it goes into fault after a number of relay toggles.

Charger is configured as default LiFePo4 with VE.configure

Connected battery is a drop-in 200AH LiFePo4 voltage is at 13.1V SOC 40%

I have an Orion connected to the engine it charges fine with 28A.

Have tried reducing the charge current to 10A no diff.

Have tried disabling charger no change.

Inverter is working fine.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thanks!

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
mec avatar image
mec answered ·

stesso errore. Ho chiesto un Rma. Il problema si è verificato 2 giorni dopo l'aggiornamento con il firmware più recente

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

What alarms are you seeing?
It sounds like a power quality issue but check that the ground relay isnt causing an issue by failing a test.

Honestly I do not know if that is a thing in charger only, perhaps not.

look at help on Wide input range and Weak AC as well as dynamic current limit.
Some / All of these may help

Without knowing what is happenin to the supply when it fails to stay conneted, it is hard to suggest potential speciffic causes.

Can you measure the grid voltage with something that will track Min and Max transiant values? Doing so would indicate if its a supply issue... I assume all the wiring is good and recently checked.

2 |3000

mitoki avatar image
mitoki answered ·

I have tried turning of ground relay as well to see if that could cause it.

Also the grid I have measured at 236V with a multimeter but not during relay cycling I would be surprised if it was grid issue. Is there any sense in trying to lower the low cut off voltage setting for the grid?

2 |3000

mitoki avatar image
mitoki answered ·

Also I have tried with the ac-out disconnected so charger only still it toggles both with and without ground relay enabled

2 |3000

Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

That is odd...

I would definatly check for transiant isssues, although I agree it isnt likely, but at this point the obvious stuff has been looked at, and checking will not do any harm. I dont know what diagnostic data is available from the unit but would be trying to find out if I were dealing with this issue.

Did you check your system output setting? again not a likely culpret but worth a quick look.

If I say much more at this point I would be guessing and that isnt going to help you.

Do yiu have grid export enabled,I am not asking if you are using it just is it set to anything other than disabled? If so try disabling it anif that fixes the connection issue, and you need export, look Here

3 comments
2 |3000

Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton commented ·

I found that document in this thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
mitoki avatar image mitoki Alistair Warburton commented ·
thanks @Alistair Warburton I am not using ESS so that shouldn't be the issue. Also i have checked output and have had the inverter running with a 800W load working fine so it seems to be an AC-in issue starting to think it is the unit that is faulty.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alistair Warburton avatar image Alistair Warburton mitoki commented ·

I meant this setting...

grid-export.png

If that is on, irrespective of actual export functionality at any given time, the requirement to disconnect from the grid could happen for many reasons.

I have not looked into the actual ramifications of this but in the UK there are voltage, frequency and 'rate of change of frequency' stipulations that if exceeded, will disconnect the inverter.

It may be nothing but it is probably worth checking.

0 Likes 0 ·
grid-export.png (19.6 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic