question

kajimike avatar image
kajimike asked

VRM - how to display PV output as 12 volts ?

I would like to see the VRM solar/PV output in 12 volts/ amps instead of the actual PV volts / Amps / Watts.

pv-readings-in-vrm.jpg

My battery system is 12 volts, is there a way to have that PV widget display the 12-volt-style output and related amperage? When I look in the Remote console I see both the raw voltage/amps, AND the battery voltage and amps (second image). So clearly the information is there. Thanks

vrm-remote-solar-controller.jpg

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

I am just a user and definatlt not an expert but as far as I am aware you cant edit/modify the dashboard.

The advanced view on the other hand can display a wid variety of widgets, including, relativly new, custom widgets... If the infoyu want to see is available within the VRM portal, which it proably is, you should be able to edit the advanced page to include a widget that shows it.

There is probably a summery widget for the solar cgarger which will show this.

Looking at available data for my charge controller there are about 40 perameters to pick from when defining a custom widget, although I suspec not all charge controllers support all of them.

For example multiple MPPT trackers are listed and as far as I am aware my unit only has 1 tracker.

Hope that hlps untill somone with more knolidg can give you a difinitive answer.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@kajimike

Alistair is correct. Panel output can only be displayed as a custom widget in the advanced section. Dashboard is not customisable.

As a demo I created this for my system, which is 24V

screenshot-20220702-103427-firefox.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
kajimike avatar image kajimike kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks to all for this information
0 Likes 0 ·