1. 1 x 12/2500W Volt inverter
  2. 1 x 12/1600/70 Victro Multiplus inverter charger
  3. 2 x Victron bluesolar MPPT 100/50
  4. 2 x 150AH Lifepo4 batteries
  5. 1 x 200AH Lifepo4 battery
  6. 1 x Victron SmartShunt
  7. 1x Rasberry Py with Venux OS

I am only powering 220V AC devices.

I recently added the Volt inverter to increase AC out power of the whole system by supplementing the Multiplus. I am thinking to have 2 separate systems:

A. AC IN source composed of 1 + 3 + 4 + 6

B. AC OUT - 2 + 5

Could I add both systems in the same VRM dashboard? Would there be any conflict in terms of voltage / current reporting in the dashboard?

I am thinking about the 2 separate battery sets (4 and 5) and wondering how the VRM would see them since the Multiplus use and monitor one battery set and the MPPTs are charging the other battery sets monitored by the shunt.

Thanks,

George

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@gpopovici

You can labell them make them visible in the vrm on the front page using the make visible by enabling it in system setup-battery monitors and enable MFD display. And see them underneath the monitored system. On this system I am monitoring the battery of another inverter.

screenshot-20220630-073223.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

AC in is shown as not available....

That is probably a setting for the system as a whole...More on as a hole later

On the GX look at Settings > System Setup...

AC 1 & 2 assignments are selected there.

RE. Multiple inverters on a single GX... I tried that, using an MK3 to connect one of them so they didn't try to parallel I could access info from both and the new shunt in VRM or from the menu screens of the GX, a CCGX in my case.

Initially I thought I had saved some money but it soon became apparent that there were conflicts and confusion... Low battery, from my BYD via DVCC for example would shut down the inverter that is not connected to that battery additionally SOC info was getting confused

I quickly decided it wasn't worth the haste and purchased a Cebo GX... All problems now gone and super easy setup.

Purely from personal experience, I would not recommend running multiple system component's on a single GX (I could be wrong

2 |3000

gpopovici avatar image
gpopovici answered ·

@Alexandra , thanks for your time. Looks good.

I decided to basically put all batteries in parallel (4 and 5 above) so that they all get charged directly by the MPPTs (as opposed to one of them being charged by the Multiplus). The Multiplus sense the AC in once the VOLT inverter is started and changes to passthrough mode. However, the VRM is showing AC input not available (screenshot attached). vrm-comana.png

I tested powering down the VOLT inverter, Multiplus goes to inverting. Power up the inverter, Multiplus goes to passthrough. However, AC in is shown as not available.

Do you have any idea why this occur?

Thanks again.

Best,

George

vrm-comana.png (217.4 KiB)
2 |3000

gpopovici avatar image
gpopovici answered ·

Thanks @Alistair Warburton . I changed the AC source as shore power, now it's showing on the dashboard along with the current limit that I set for the VOLT inverter.

Best,

George

2 |3000