question

Raymond Walker avatar image
Raymond Walker asked

Can a BMV-700 be configured as a DC Energy Meter?

I've read the thread about a Smartshunt being configured as a DC Energy Meter, and a vendor webpage indicates that BMVs (the page doesn't say only 712's) can be as well. Can a BMV 700 be configured as a DC Energy Meter? We have a couple of BMV 712's and the option in VE Connect shows up, but not on the BMV 700's when connected to a bluetooth dongle. BMV700's firmwares are up to date according to VRM. I just want to be sure I'm not missing someting and if they can or can not as I'm determining what I add'l Victron kit I need to order ... BMV712's or repurpose a couple of BMV700's if they are capable of DC Energy Meter mode. TIA

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Raymond Walker avatar image
Raymond Walker answered ·

trevor-bird
thanks for confirming that you're seeing what I did, and that unfortunately it's not an option with the BMV700's.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

In the “settings” “miscellaneous” section on the BMV712 it can be switched to Energy Meter but that is not the case for a BMV700 as no such adjustment is available. In that case I think the answer to your question is unfortunately “no”.

2 |3000

Related Resources