question

jackadk avatar image
jackadk asked

Quattro 24/8000 long synchronisation time for 400VAC in inverter mode

Hi,

I have 3no. Quattros connected in 3-phase. When they switch from charger to inverter mode, it seems to take a long time for the 3-phase power to synchronise, however single phase is almost immediate. Does anyone know if there is a setting that I have missed or incorrectly programmed?

Cheers,

Jack

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger3 phase
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@JackADK

Explain synchronised?

Are you referring to when the Quattro is synchronising to the grid to allow connection? It can take up to 3 minutes, depends on the grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
jackadk avatar image jackadk Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Hey Alexandra

By synchronised I mean that it takes sometimes 10 secs but sometimes a few minutes for the Quattros to put out 400VAC once they switch from charger to inverter mode and even inverter to charger mode. Hope this helps you respond to my question! Thanks @Alexandra

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ jackadk commented ·

@JackADK

Are you switching over with loads on? Or starting loads after? And is it grid connected the whole time between the two modes?

0 Likes 0 ·
jackadk avatar image jackadk Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Hey @Alexandra

Yes, we are switching over with loads on. So we are on the shore power, then we switch that off and the load goes on inverter mode, but it takes a long time for the 400V loads to come back on line. Then we have the same problem when we switch shore back on even after the Quattros go into charge mode

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ jackadk commented ·
@JackADK

Ok. Now I understand.

If the system is switching off on "grid loss" in other words when you disconnect from shore then your battteries or battery settings may be the cause there. It should be seamless no power outages.

Do you get low battery warnings?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jackadk avatar image
jackadk answered ·

@Alexandra hmmm ok I will mention this to the battery system manufacturer and see if they can provide feedback. There is no battery warnings and we are having several other problems with the link between the batteries and the Quattros

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@JackADK

If there are connection issue Ike high resistance connections or undersized cabling this can also happen. Check the install manual and make sure you are fulfiling the basic requirements there.

0 Likes 0 ·