question

andykirby avatar image
andykirby asked

VRM not showing daily PV inverter yield.

I am using a grid meter to monitor PV inverter (grid tie) output.

In the VRM I can see the graph showing production for the PV inverter but nowhere does it show the daily yield in KWH ??

Am I missing something?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Andy. In Advanced, click on Widgets and select Solar Charger Summary. Not sure how that goes with a pv ac inverter though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Hi Andy.

When did you set that energy meter up? I must have missed the video! ;)

I have a similar arrangement to this. There is a "PV Inverter Status" widget which tells you instantaneous power and lifetime KWh, but not daily.
The energy meter it's self does not record daily KWh like the MPPT does, so I guess that's why it's not available. The Venus has the same information in the "PV Inverter" menu.

You'll probably need to subtract your MPPT yield from your overall daily yield to work it out. PITA I know, but hopefully the ever expanding choice of widgets will include the information calculated some day.

1 comment
2 |3000

andykirby avatar image andykirby commented ·

Haha, that did make me laugh, it’s great to know my videos are reaching far and wide! Yes I’m not sure I covered that part! I plan to do another video update soon as now the sun has appeared again I’ve been doing some updates to the system.

Yes what you say makes perfect sense, of course because the grid meter only stores the total energy. I suppose if the VRM relied on just the updates from the Venus then it wouldn’t be accurate as it only updates every few minutes.

The best solution I guess would be for the Venus to track daily production history from the grid meter itself, different to how the MPPTs do it of course but it would be cool.

The developers have probably got plenty of other more important things to do though!

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·