question

atwijukye avatar image
atwijukye asked

Orion Tr DC-DC Converter 48/24

Dear team

I have an Orion Tr DC-DC Converter 48/24 which i am using for my DC lights. I would like its output to be controlled by a victron MPPt 250/100 charge controller i.e switch it on at 7pm and switch it off when the sun raises. Any documentation on this topic

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

You could use the day detection feature to drive the relay on the 250/100 and connect this up to the Orion remote connection.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

atwijukye avatar image atwijukye commented ·
@Sarah

Thank you so much for your help. I am a newbie in field but I managed to connect the orion to a switch where I can switch on and off manually. Will work automatically if I put those two wires to my 250/100 dry ports. Not good at programing and I fear damaging my mppt

Thanks again Sarah

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah avatar image Sarah atwijukye commented ·

8323ab5a-2024-4704-9879-bf8e7ab46eaf.jpegConfigure the relay on the mppt controller using VictronConnect to be controlled by the daylight sensor. Connect the remote link on the Orion to the relay on the mppt. You will need to use either the NC & C connections or the NO & C connection depending on when you want to Orion to be on.

0 Likes 0 ·