question

beringbullet avatar image
beringbullet asked

Multiplus 2 Update to 497 Fail and now "all lights are flashing"

I was looking around today and watching everything just work (nice sunny day) and I noticed my Multiplus was on v496 and that v497 was available. (I love updates) so I started the update, I disconnected from shore power and started the update. As it was on the second to last step, "waiting for Inverter" for a long time and then just failed on me. I thought oh shoot, I will just restart it and try again. as I looked at my Multiplus I saw all 8 lights just flickering.

I disconnected all power and let it sit, then turn it back on, same thing.
I tried connecting both VEConfig, and VEFlash (after downloading 2780497) and both can't connect to multiplus.

I truly hope someone has an Idea of what I should do next.

Multiplus-IIfirmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

beringbullet avatar image beringbullet commented ·

I am thinking this is LED indication code 26 and the latest update bricked my Mulieplus :(

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Bricking a MultiPlus is not easy. Normally VE.flash should still work. At which step you stuck with VE.flash?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

beringbullet avatar image beringbullet commented ·
I have not had the opportunity to remove the cover and make sure DS1 and DS2 are set. but I have done updates before and have never opened up the case. (I will try to upload pictures soon)

My results when I try to "update the framework" in VE.flash

I simply get a "connection error".

If I leave it turned off my windows PC fails to find the MK3 (as expected).
when I turn on the multi I get the (flashing lights) and my windows finds the MK3 and I can get past the picking com port screen. After that is starting the looking for or connecting to multi, (small popup) this goes for about 1 min and then fails with connection error.

My results when I try to use "Device Upgrade" in VE.flash

I get "failed to communicate or bad key"
as I follow the steps here
turn device on, picking com3 (mk3), turn device off, turn device on.
When I turn the device on in part of the last steps I do get a target key and some textboxes, and at this point I do see the lights on the Multi have a different pattern
O,O
X,X
O,X
X,X

so this does tell me that somehow it did talk to the Multi.

My steps today are to open it up, (not easy because of my install) and find the dip switches. but I don't see any documentation around dip switches in the multi 2 just he multi 1 (I have one of them also)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ beringbullet commented ·

If you know what COM-port your MK3 is (Windows device manager) select it from the list and don't use "auto detect".

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

You don't need to open your Multi, if I remember correctly the MultiPlus-II don't have any DIP switches.

0 Likes 0 ·
beringbullet avatar image beringbullet Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

wait testing.

ok I think I had it "on" before it told me too, thinking it had to power the MK3, and you were correct I had to Select Com port, NOT use "auto detect".
Don't I feel Happy and a little sad at myself. Thank you so much

0 Likes 0 ·
skmorapa avatar image
skmorapa answered ·

I have the same issue after updating to v498. how do I fix this error?

2 |3000

jetronic avatar image
jetronic answered ·

1. connect the MK3 adapter to the Windows PC and wait until the drivers are installed.

2. determine COM port via device manager.

3. start VE.flash and set the determined com port. Deactivate automatic detection.

4. flash again

2 |3000