question

klandos avatar image
klandos asked

Strange behaviour of Multiplus after Switching off.

I've 3 Multiplus configured in parallel mode and connected to a Cerbo GX.

This installation is Offgrid.

For changing some things in the installation I changed at the Cerbo the Multiplus State from "Inverter only" to "Off". Multiplusses went off and I did the installation changes (only on AC Side, DC has been connected all the time and the MPPTs were still charging the battery).

After all changes had been done I tried to change the setting from "Off" to "Inverter only" back on, but nothing happened.

It seemed that the Cerbo took the option but switches back to off a couple of seconds later. Multiplus state is unknown.

I tried that 4 times, also tried putting the Switch on the Master Multiplus from I to off and back to I.

Finally I removed the Ve Bus Cable from Cerbo (just the 3 Multiplus are connected) for a couple of seconds and now the multiplusses start inverting.

All other devices are not connected through VE.Bus, just the 3 Multiplus (MPPTS -> Ve.Can, Pylontech battery -> BMS Can).

What is wrong here? Bug? Sure that's not a problem when I'm at the installation, but what if not? Why is it necessary to remove the VeBus Cable?

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @KLandos

I don't know the reason for this, but if it happens again there's a setting in the Cerbo's Multiplus section called 'Redetect System'. I suspect it's there for the VE.Bus, to maybe sort any knots, but I'm guessing. Should be ok to do remotely too. I've tried it locally myself, no flickers etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources