question

Andrea avatar image
Andrea asked

GX 50 DISPALY CUSTOMIZATION with input and temperature

Hello,

on my system i save the remote control by Cerbo GX and GX50 touch panel,

i used the digital imput of the Cerbo to ceck the door and the UV water system. Is possible to add a page on the display of the GX 50 Touch where can i see the state of the digital input?

Second question is: i need to use the 2 relays on the Cerbo to control my heater,

in a customized page i want to do a virtual pusch button where i can switch on and off the first relay,

the second relay i would like to use like termostat associated to a RUUVI temperature sensor, and will be nice to choose the temperaure set, and see if the relay is open or closed.

Is possible to to?

Thanks best regards

Andrea

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

I have had a number of other requests for display of the digital input status and am looking at adding that.

Gui Mods currently adds a page to show relay status and to control them so this should provide you a solution for your first on/off button/relay.

Temperature alarms are part of Venus OS as of v2.80 (I think) and that should provide you with your "thermostat" relay.

Right now, relay functions are limited. Only relay 1 can be set to all possible functions. Relay 2 can only be set to manual or temperature alarm. Raspberry PI provides for 6 relays but the remaining 4 can only be set to manual on/off.

GuiMods is available here:

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This might be possible with Guimods.

https://community.victronenergy.com/idea/105909/guimods2-replaces-guimods.html

Moving to Modifications section.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

If you have programming skills in Python and QML, yes.

2 |3000

Andrea avatar image
Andrea answered ·

hello, there is some video that explain how to do that programming?

thanks

Andrea

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

There may be Video courses to teach Python and QML. You need coding skills in a programming language and understand debugging / tracing techniques. You need reading (and understanding) skills to analyze the existing code and find the places where you want to put your extensions in... For the programming you need a text editor (like vi, or nano), that's all. A video with hit that button and download that script would not do the trick.

2 |3000