question

colin911 avatar image
colin911 asked

How to get SOC reports Venus GX to Multiplus

Hello. I have a multiplus 24v70Amp inverter and just purchased a Venus GX for monitoring. I have the Venus GX connected to the inverter via an ethernet cable to the VE-Bus port.

I have the device connected to internet and registered in vrm. I get various reports in VRM, but nothing to tell me the SOC. There ARE available report for SOC, but none of them actually give me any sort of actual number.

To confirm, i do get data from the VenusGX about the inverter, but no calculation of SOC...

Venus GX - VGX
capture.jpg (67.8 KiB)
capture1.jpg (23.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Hi Colin

Did you enable the battery monitor in VE.Configure?
It's on the general tab halfway down.

bm.jpg (33.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colin911 avatar image
colin911 answered ·

Hey, thanks for thehelp!

Unfortunately I have no idea how to get to that setting. Where is the VE.configure setting located?

the only place I can access any settings are on the Venus GX or on vrm.victronenergy.com and none of those interfaces seem to have that option or style. that almost looks like a windows program on your desktop....

2 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Your'e right, it is a Windows program. Do you have access to a Windows computer?

You usually use a MK3 to connect directly to the MultiPlus to configure it.
In your case you could use remote VE.Configure. There is an instructional video of how to use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-N-bU1gXo

You can damage your system / MultiPlus if you don't know what you are doing. Please take care and if you are not confident then have someone who is competent do it for you.
The MultiPlus can turn off during configuration changes, so it's best to use a laptop with a god battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
colin911 avatar image colin911 wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Ok, right, I get it now, thanks @WKirby.

When enabling the battery module I need to enter the battery capacity. Since I have 8 of these batteries (12V/230Ah AGM Super Cycle Batt)), assuming I enter 1840Ah capacity (8*230)?

Also, when I enabled everything I used the dip switches on the multiplus and hence selected best charge method I could figure out but never picked a battery type in this method.. Since the option is there I assume this is the best setting.

Appreciate your help and guidance!

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.jpg (51.1 KiB)
1554488465832.png (29.8 KiB)
colin911 avatar image
colin911 answered ·

Hmm. that seems to be a windows software for old versions of firmwares. I don;t see my devices having that...

capture.jpg (67.5 KiB)
2 |3000

russ avatar image
russ answered ·

Your batteries must be in 4 pairs of 2 for 24v, each pair has 230ah capacity so your total will be 4x230=920.

2 |3000