question

bernieq avatar image
bernieq asked

victron controller stuck in float

First post so be kind, my 100/30 controller wont go off float.

Is there away to only have bulk and absorption...or is there a way to get it off float ?

Bernie.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

Hi Bernie, it all depends on how you controller is configured. Could you take some screen shots using VictronConnect and also what sort of batteries do you have - lithium ??, voltage, capacity.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bernieq avatar image
bernieq answered ·

Thanks Sarah. I'm running two 250w 24v panels in series I have two 135ah lithium batteries in parallel new. Only connected two days ago The screen yesterday had 66.88v No current and showing a voltage of 13.63v and also no amps. state showing float. Not sure about the screen shot I'm on the computer not the phone.

Bernie

1 comment
2 |3000

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·
Can you take a photo of the configuration and post that?
0 Likes 0 ·
bernieq avatar image
bernieq answered ·

283315076-727344598693299-3229805942978698033-n.jpgThis the best I can do...bit furry/blurry

1 comment
2 |3000

Can you click on the cog wheel (top right) and the battery option to get to a settings screen that looks like this and send through a photo. Please note my setting are for deep discharge AGM batteries and not Lithium.

0 Likes 0 ·
bernieq avatar image
bernieq answered ·

283955597-1603669173366362-6846324915484924860-n.jpgMorning Sarah, This is what I have only difference is the Lithium batteries.. Plus I have to send this pic to myself to post it here...not the easies forum to work with. and I cant find the post section on my phone, Hench sending it to myself on the computer. Thereis still no solar coming in but it reads the volts ???

sorry about thy delay, I wasnt near the motorhome yesterday.

Bernie.

2 |3000

Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

It is possible that your float voltage is slightly too high. Try changing the battery preset to lithium ion.

Also important to know what type of batteries you have just installed (internal/external BMS) and if there is a commissioning process involved to balance the cells.

2 |3000

bernieq avatar image
bernieq answered ·

I cant see anywhere to change the battery to lithium ion. or anything else.

I have it set on manual equalize at the moment to see if that changes things....its a pain having to come inside the house each time to send message... there is nowhere to send message on my phone, which bugs me no end.

Because of the distance to the house I have to go out to the motorhome just to see what's going on.

Thanks Sarah.

Bernie.

2 comments
2 |3000

What a pain having to go out to the motorhome everytime. To change the battery type - In Victron Connect go the the battery settings page again, and where it says 'Battery preset' click on 'User defined', then click on 'Select preset', and scroll down to 'Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePo4)' and click on the radio button and click okay. The absorption voltage should change to 14.2 volts and the float voltage should now be 13.5 volts. Equalization charging will be disabled as this is only used for some lead acid batteries (this is a different proess to balancing the cell voltage for Lithium batteries). Speaking of batteries what brand/model of batteries are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
bernieq avatar image bernieq Sarah commented ·

Thank

Sarah it was a struggle but I'm nearly there, a friend of mine has kindly girded me through the maze of non information in the victron user manual...total crap.

But all good now...Thanks for your effort .

Bernie.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources