question

rattus avatar image
rattus asked

VRM Portal: Chrome vs Firefox vs Safari; Issues. (on different devices too)

Hello.

I'm new to the VRM, a question for curiosity's sake...

So I could not access my VRM Remote Console on my desktop (macmini) but could on my partner's Macbook-Pro, using Chrome on both, 3m apart. @nickdb suggested I try Firefox. Well that worked. Happy.

Odd thing is she can see the Remote Console on her device, using Chrome (an older Chrome version than mine) but I cannot. Also, on her device she can see the 'controls icon' next to 'time' on the Dashboard, but I cannot.

Also, for me, the VRM portal doesn't even open on Safari, nada, zip.

Are these issues anyone else has experienced?

Figuratively speaking, is it a case of choosing through which window to admire the view where some will allow the view and others not, depending on browser weather?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I only use apple both mobile and not. Safari works fine, no issues across devices.

Not sure the versions you use or if you have any security products installed or local proxies.

Generally a safari issue is fixed by firefox.

Often, though, you just need to erase all the safari cached data (preferences-privacy-manage website data) belonging to the site (victron in this case).

Restart safari, sometimes forcibly reloading the page (hold shift and click on reload icon).

Some ISP's also cache pages which can cause issues until flushed.

To me this sounds like a bad safari cache on your mac.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.