question

eric-heiberg avatar image
eric-heiberg asked

Changing settings on MPPT in Easysolar

Hi !

I would like to adjust settings on my MPPT 150/70 (specifically alter charging parameters) in my Easysolar -and I am considering to buy a Victron Bluetooth Dongle for this.

However, I read online that the dongle can only be used for smaller MPPT's -is this correct?

Eric

MPPT ControllersEasySolar All-in-OneBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello Eric,

The Bluetooth dongle can be used to adjust settings on all size BlueSmart VE.Direct MPPTs via Victron Connect.

The SmartSolar MPPTs have bluetooth build in and do not require the dongle. You still connect via VictronConnect to adjust their settings.

Depending on your model of EasySolar, you may already have a SmartSolar built in, or you may need to temporarily disconnect the CCGX which may be connected via VE.Direct cable to the MPPT, in order to connect the external bluetooth dongle.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eric-heiberg avatar image
eric-heiberg answered ·

Thank you very much for the quick reply Guy :-)

I do not have the SmartSolar built in so I will buy a dongle.

Eric

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi; for the benefit of any future readers of this issue: the main go-to page to find out what models MPPT the dongle works with; is its manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.direct:ve.direct_to_bluetooth_smart_dongle#compatible_victron_products

0 Likes 0 ·