question

ianleu avatar image
ianleu asked

Victron Smartshunt shut off?

I have the victron Smartshunt 500A version.. all is fine except i was expecting it to the battery once it discharges to the set discharge %.. reading the manual again i don't see anything like that mentioned.. although the separate BMV meter mentions something about a relay being set at discharge level.. was it my bad assumption that this device would disconnect the battery at the discharge floor?

If so how are those of you who want that getting it done? do i need to wire up ve.direct and send a signal to inverter to shut off? was heading toward rasp pi and venus fat anyway.. but thought there maybe a simpler solution.

Cheers

Ian

SmartShuntBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The Smartshunt will NOT directly turn the DC negative off. the Smartshunt also does not have a relay that can control a contactor like the BMV units do.

you would also need a GX device and then you can control the contactor using one of the GX device relay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.