question

ldc avatar image
ldc asked

VE Configure 3 MK3 USB but only MK2 drivers show

We loaded VE Configuration Tools; opened VEConfigure3; created a USB directory. The directory only shows a MK2 folder not a MK3 folder. With the MK3 device attached, I do not see the MK3 in Device Manager. There is an Unknown USB Device with a triangle under System Devices - Universal Serial Bus Controller; trying to update it fails with it saying it is the best (but I don't even know if that is the MK3 device to begin with). The Alienware laptop is Windows 11 would that be an issue? Also, my husband did this without the MK3 being hooked up to anything; would that be the issue?

I have searched the forum and seen a bunch of MK3 issues but not this.

Thanks!

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jraelson avatar image jraelson commented ·
Hello,

I am having the same issue was the OP above. Windows 7; when I save the files from VE Config and open them up the only files listed aRE only "MK2USB", U"USB TO RS232 CONTROLLER" and "USB drivers" are listed, no MK3USB file; and device manager does not show MK3USB, only MK2USB. Tried your tutorial but again does not match your pictures as no MKSUSB is listed to update. Can you please help. Seems unreasonable that I bought Victron Lithium batteries andVictronMultiplus Chargesbut I cannot charge my Lithium batteries??!!. Why is there no LIpO4 setting already programmed in?

Thank you for any help.

Jim Raelson

0 Likes 0 ·
ldc avatar image
ldc answered ·

By manually install, do you mean the below from the post you linked? If so, yes. Is there something more to installing the driver? The note under special said the program did not install the drivers but use the computer's Found New Hardware Assistant. I don't know where to find the Found New Hardware Assistant. But evenso, the downloaded USB directory does not list MK3 files just MK2. Aren't they different?

(From the post you linked-

... Open the Special Menu->

Select the USB drivers menu option ->

Yes to save ->

Select a location (I recommend the desktop) ->

Windows key + R (to open run command)->

enter "devmgmt.msc" (without " ") ->

OK -> this should open the device manager ->

At the top should be a device with a yellow triangle ->

Right click ->

"update driver" ->...)

2 |3000

ldc avatar image
ldc answered ·

I got it working using the old windows 10 laptop.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic