question

dischargetommy avatar image
dischargetommy asked

more than 1500Ah Possible?

Hi,

could I connect two LiFePO4 battery packs 51,2V/1000Ah (2S5P 25,6V/200Ah) to get 2000Ah?

According to the description it is not allowed to connect more than 5 batteries parallel.

But if I make two packs each 5 parallel, 2 serial and each has its own BMS, I could connect the two packs on the same DC busbar?

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Which batteries are these? Creating big packs isn't an issue, you do want a single BMS to manage them, else you can run into problems. Victron only wants to listen to one BMS.

You can get all DIY but you need to accept that you will be in unsupported waters and that while it may work most of the time, some of the time you may encounter problems.

BMS's or the lack thereof, can contribute to all sorts of system instability.

Short-cuts always have a compromise.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dischargetommy avatar image dischargetommy commented ·
These are the LiFePO4-Smart batteries.

But you say that Victron only listen to one BMS -> so the option to make two 1000Ah batteries with two Ve.bus BMS isn't possible, isn't it?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ dischargetommy commented ·
You can physically wire both to the DC bus but the victron will only follow the parameters sent by one BMS. Unless you fancy a bit of a development project, this can cause some challenges if one BMS is expecting X and the charger provides Y. It would be better to have a battery manager that can monitor both as 1 environment.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources