question

binbotak avatar image
binbotak asked

Multiplus-II GX & Pylontech

I am planning a grid-tied ESS to compliment an existing PV system. Can the Pylontech USx000C batteries be used with the Multiplus-II GX without the need for separate GX device i.e. using the "VE.Can to CAN bus BMS type A cable" as used in the Multiplus-II GX & BYD e-Learning video

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@BinBotak

Are you asking will they work? Short answer, yes ... they do not need the stay awake signal like the BYD, however on a Victron system if DVCC is not activated by the GX device you can lose the warranty on the batteries. There are settings you are required to make for basic setup, see the manual for Victron Pylontec.

Also with ESS a GX is a required piece of hardware for the systen to work properly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paragon avatar image
paragon answered ·

One GX device in the system is enough if they still have a free VE-Can connection.
For the Pylontech you should use CAN bus BMS type B cable?!
That's how it is with me and it works well.

2 |3000

dellpitch avatar image
dellpitch answered ·

New member please be gentle!.

I have an 8kw (32 panel) solar system with each panel being fitted with an Enphase microinverter.

I have 4 batteries, 3 Pylontech US 2000C plus 1 US 2000. A "C" battery is the master, I am wanting to fit a Victron Multiplus 11 GX so that can charge my EV through a Zappi charger and when not doing so charge the batteries for use when no sun is available.

With my present Lux inverter I had to use a type A can cable, is that not the same for the Multiplus unit when connected to the "C" battery.

Do I need anything else to make the system work!

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

2 |3000