question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

Quattro Low battery warning 3x15000 quattros 3phase

Has anyone got a Idea re this as to how to solve it THANKS.

I am getting this warning, every time I reboot the cerbo and I cant seem to stop it from happening - I know its a minor issue but it should not be occurring.

The Quattro is 3 x 15000 48 volt units 3 phase Fw 496

Cerbo fw 2.85 and currently I moved it to 2.90~10 to see if this resolved the issue (Did not)

ess installed - Sustain set to 48v - country code set to other

low battery in the ve configure set to 41v

the ESS Dynamic cut-off is set to 45v - Sustain is set to 48v

I know these ESS low voltages are a bit low but I am trying to stop this warning.

Ess is set to (See picture)

NO BMV installed just using the quattros as the battery monitor.

Happens with the BMS software removed. however the BMS ess selection was Not removed for the test (See picture)

1653100473630.png

1653100348840.png

1653100305247.png

1653099985908.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1653099985908.png (25.9 KiB)
1653100305247.png (36.7 KiB)
1653100348840.png (37.0 KiB)
1653100473630.png (20.5 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

mp-alarm.png

I had this happen the other day. The alarm showed the battery (correctly) voltage, however the voltage at the MP input terminals was at/below MP LV shutdown (11.6v).

Voltage drop between battery and Multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
mp-alarm.png (24.8 KiB)
Paul B avatar image Paul B klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi Kim Thanks for the reply.

This only happens on a cerbo reboot - the inverters continue to operate normally with no output changes . and there is NO further allarm . Like I see 52.74 is the alarm voltage yet the low voltage trigger settings are way lower. I understand your point as the voltage reference is at the bus bars - but the two large cables going to the L1 inverter are only 600mm long. Plus I would not expect a voltage change if there is no AC out load change. Also if it reappeared then yes there could be a bad connection but its not appearing until the cerbo is rebooted again
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Ok I have been able to duplicate this now on my Home system Now

1. Home system 1x MPII 5000 with 1 x BMV712 1 x cerbo and a 123smart BMS using the 123smart BMS software and usb link

If the System Battery monitor type is set to the BMV or 123smart as the Battery monitor and you reboot the cerbo all is GOOD no errors

2. I then change the Battery monitor on the MPII be the MPII and I then reboot the cerbo the low battery allarm reoccurs

now on the site there are multi battery banks so I cant select one battery as the Primary battery monitor as that would not show the full systems capacity - So I have to use the Quattros as the Monitor. THUS the error always occurs

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Ok I have been able to duplicate this now on my Home system Now

1. Home system 1x MPII 5000 with 1 x BMV712 1 x cerbo and a 123smart BMS using the 123smart BMS software and usb link

If the System Battery monitor type is set to the BMV or 123smart as the Battery monitor and you reboot the cerbo all is GOOD no errors

2. I then change the Battery monitor on the MPII be the MPII and I then reboot the cerbo the low battery allarm reoccurs

now on the site there are multi battery banks so I cant select one battery as the Primary battery monitor as that would not show the full systems capacity - So I have to use the Quattros as the Monitor. THUS the error always occurs

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Paul B the answer is very simple:

-you are using a non-supported battery / bms with a non-supported code addon to Venus.

This all is no problem, but apparently there is something wrong in this code that during booting sends a low battery alarm to the Quattro's.

Check your code....

I'll move this question to the 'modifications' section where it will have more chance of being helped out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sebastiaan Adamo avatar image Sebastiaan Adamo Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Daniël, Thank you for your answer. In what way can the BMS send a "low voltage" to the Quattro/Multiplus? I have done some tests where the BMS software just inits the BOL paths to a fixed value without changing them anymore:

self._dbusservice.add_path('/Info/BatteryLowVoltage',               40.1)
        self._dbusservice.add_path('/Info/MaxChargeVoltage',                52.4, gettextcallback=lambda p, v: "{:.2f}V".format(v))
        self._dbusservice.add_path('/Info/MaxChargeCurrent',                500.1, gettextcallback=lambda p, v: "{:.2f}A".format(v))
        self._dbusservice.add_path('/Info/MaxDischargeCurrent',             599.3, gettextcallback=lambda p, v: "{:.2f}A".format(v))

However the Quattro/Multiplus still start to give a low voltage alert as soon as the BMS is on the dbus. Note that this only happens when the Quattro/Multiplus is selected as battery monitor. When the BMS is selected, the Multiplus/Quattro does not give any low voltage error. In attached picture, you can see the BMS test software with fixed value active on the dbus. As soon as the BMS is on the dbus, the Multiplus/Quattro gives the low voltage error. bmsmanagertest.png

0 Likes 0 ·