question

harry-b avatar image
harry-b asked

Victron Smartsolar mppt 75/15 issue

2 Weeks ago I installed a 75/15 with Solar panel in my campervan I set everything up using the victron connect app and went on a trip. All seemed ok. Since I came back the van has been parked up for 3 days. I decided to see what the status was using the app. I can connect to my controller but the app no longer shows any real time or historical data. All I get is the option to change the password upgrade or change the name. I upgraded when I first installed the unit. I also notice that none of the LEDs on the controller are lt. I have checked and there is voltage from both the battery and Solar panel on the terminals but dont know if its working because I cant see the real time status screen on the app. I have tried disconnecting\reconnecting all the cables and it made no difference. Any help\advice would be appreciated. The controller surely cant be faulty after 2 weeks.

VictronConnectvictron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Go through the motions, and read the Manual. regarding problems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Harry B

When you only see the password and name option, it means that the internal BLE part cannot communicate with the MPPT part. This could be a hardware fault. But just to be sure, did you disconnect the MPPT completely at one point and how long was it without any connection? This determines whether it was fully power cycled or not as it stays powered when either battery or PV is connected. So when you first disconnected and then reconnected battery and then the same for PV, it stayed powered the whole time. And it needs to be disconnected for a minute or so to make sure that internally there is no charge left and it is fully power cycled.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

harry-b avatar image
harry-b answered ·

@klim8skeptic I have read through the manual and cant find any reference to only being able to see the "product info page" I will get another phone and try from that. Can you explain why there are no LEDs lit on the controller even though battery voltage is present, does this mean the controller is faulty?

3 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Can you explain why there are no LEDs lit on the controller even though battery voltage is present, does this mean the controller is faulty?

If there is (proper) dc voltages present on either PV or Battery terminals of the mppt, the led's should illuminate.

Please confirm voltages @ mppt Battery and PV terminals.

0 Likes 0 ·
harry-b avatar image harry-b klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
I have just disconnected unit and left it off for 30mins reconnected it still no LEDs lit battery voltage 12.6v Panel 26.2v I think its knackered
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Pease check the fuse in the bottom of the mppt.

If you have voltage at either the PV or Batt terminals, the leds should illuminate, and the bluetooth should work.

Check that fuse tho.

0 Likes 0 ·
harry-b avatar image
harry-b answered ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) I thought I had disconnected for longer than a minute but I will do it again and leave it disconnected for longer just to be sure. Does the fact that no LEDs are lit on the controller mean it is faulty or could it have switched itself off ??

2 |3000

harry-b avatar image
harry-b answered ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) I have disconnected MPPT and left it off for 30 minutes

It has made no difference there are still no LEDs on the unit and I can only see the product info page on the victron connect app. Is this fixable ?? If not what could have made the controller go faulty when the van has been parked up for 3/4 days with no load on the battery so presumably should have stayed in float mode.

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Harry B

I am afraid that somehow your MPPT is indeed broken and would like to advice you to contact the seller for warranty.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic