question

saint-thy avatar image
saint-thy asked

brand new multiplus doesn't start

I have a Victron Multiplus Compact Inverter 24/2000/50- Newly unboxed and installed. There is absolutely no power to the unit, not a flicker. Any suggestions as to what this can be? All the wiring is correct and switches on and Dip switches in the right places- default

support
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
What are you using to power the unit? From DC batteries, from AC mains, or power available form both?
0 Likes 0 ·

@Saint Thy Im not sure of you have one but make sure the remote link is in place and connected correctly. inkedwhatsapp-image-2022-05-16-at-104008-am-li.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
jhthy avatar image
jhthy answered ·

Hi Jason,

No remote link.

As for power, relying on the DC battery power that is part of the solar system.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

What is the static DC voltage of the batteries whilst connected to the unit? If the voltage is over / under the design min / max voltage, it wont power up. Worth testing the voltage as when you first connect them, the capacitors in the Multi pull a ton of power to charge them, even with the unit off. Once the unit has been connected for a moment, the capacitors are good but it could have left the batteries too low to then run the unit. Whe I connected my batteries for the first time to the Multi, made me crap myself as I used the 200A fuse to make the final contact, not the battery isolator and the spark woke me up to say the least,
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·
1652712856977.png (46.7 KiB)
csc avatar image
csc answered ·

Are you sure it's not working or is it a question of leds not blinking ? Mine simply arrived with the led ribbon disconnected inside. Scratched my head until a nice forum guy saved it from going back to seller

2 |3000

jhthy avatar image
jhthy answered ·

very sure. There is absolutely nothing happening with it. Now I'm beginning to think, does it require external power to power up? . As in AC in, or can it power up from the solar batteries, alone that is connected to it ?

3 comments
2 |3000

@jhthy have you changed any of the dip switches?

1652713297623.png

1652713340068.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1652713297623.png (172.9 KiB)
1652713340068.png (268.3 KiB)
jhthy avatar image jhthy Jason - UK commented ·
checked dip switches and settings. these are correct as per manual instructions
0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK jhthy commented ·
@jhthy With the batteries connected, what voltage are you getting on the 2 terminals inside the case between negative and positive? Make sure to use insulated probes on a multi-meter as not to risk touching a 2 contacts at the same time with the same probe.
0 Likes 0 ·
jhthy avatar image
jhthy answered ·

So, It has just dawned on me. Under the installation guide list of what is included and what is not included. It lists fuse and fuse holder, not included. I think this is the problem. So I take it does means we need to buy a fuse and fuse holder? Does this go between the positive stud on the inverter and the auxilary stud?

2 comments
2 |3000

The fuse remains between the positive and the batteries.

1652713513030.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1652713513030.png (125.2 KiB)
jhthy avatar image jhthy Jason - UK commented ·

@jason, do you have an image of the fuse that is required?

0 Likes 0 ·
jhthy avatar image
jhthy answered ·

@jason, do you have an image of the fuse that is required?

2 comments
2 |3000

@jhthy bottom left is the fuse I believe comes fitted as part of the unit. Test the continuity of the fuse to make sure it hasn't failed as they are only 150amp I believe (someone correct me if I am incorrect)

1652716762668.png

0 Likes 0 ·

I cant find the rating of the fuse for the 24v compact multi but I think it is 150A1652717108260.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1652717108260.png (129.7 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.