question

joe-d avatar image
joe-d asked

VRM "Firmware Update" gets stuck with "No VE.Direct ping reply" and then fails in 2.90 beta

In VRM, Device List, when i select "Firmware Update" is starts off normally but in the middle of the scan, it seems to get stuck with the message:

And then after sometime VRM states the following:

The site's two-way communication service stopped responding. Please verify the internet connection and/or try again
Error: 1303

Firmware update use to work but stopped after I successfully updated my Multiplus firmware. Multiplus is directly connected to a Venus GX via the VE.BUS RJ45 Ethernet cable. Also connected to the Venus GX is a solar charger and BMV-712 via VE.Direct 1 and 2. VRM works normally and 2-way communication is enabled, the Multiplus also works fine and I can even do a "remote VEConfigure" via VRM. I have the following Multiplus

Product
MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 120V

Firmware version 496

Any ideas?

Joe

VRMfirmware update
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
What OS version are you running on your gx? I just reported this same issue with 2.90 ~8
0 Likes 0 ·
joe-d avatar image joe-d Justin Tierney commented ·
yes, same version as you 2.90 ~8 (beta)
0 Likes 0 ·
joe-d avatar image joe-d joe-d commented ·
I went back to 2.85 and it works now...
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney joe-d commented ·
Yup, same here.
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
hrehm avatar image
hrehm answered ·

Same here...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

Same on 2.90 ~8

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, this is solved in v2.90~10; already available as a release candidate. Thanks for reporting.

2 |3000

johnny-brusevold avatar image
johnny-brusevold answered ·

Venus-os 2.92 release pi4

Something has happened here, because I have checked for firmware once a month through the VRM portal and everything has worked, and firmware upgrades when available have also worked flawlessly.

Yesterday this no longer worked

Restarted and tested again with the same error

No VE. Direct ping reply

The Pi loses contact with all 5 connected devices, and they don't come back automatically either (after a long time), so a reboot is necessary.

Tried yesterday with the phone app and it worked satisfactorily and got the bmv-712 smart upgraded with the latest firmware.

2 |3000