question

partimefriend avatar image
partimefriend asked

Is there a way to update the firmware on the Lynx shunt specifically, or could it be that it is defective in some way and needs to be replaced?

Hello everyone, I have installed a Victron Energy system in my motorhome and am having some issues with it. My Lynx shunt does not report battery charge or amperage draw. I looked up the blinking orange light in the manual and it is a firmware error. I connected the Cerbo GX to the internet and updated the firmware through VictronConnect, however, this did not fix the issue with the Lynx.
Is there a way to update the firmware on the Lynx shunt specifically, or could it be that it is defective in some way and needs to be replaced?
Don't mind the dangling ethernet cable. I was testing different ones in case some were faulty. victron-setup.jpg
lynx shunt
victron-setup.jpg (2.5 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Partimefriend

Updating for the Lynx Shunt VE.Can is possible only via VRM: Remote firmware update or via a specific CANUSB adapter (needs to be purchased).

More on the above procedure: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.can:updating_firmware

Since you have a Cerbo GX, I assume it's connected to VRM. You can check the device list on VRM for the Lynx Shunt and see if there is still communication going on (Last seen:...).

If that's the case, you can scroll down the page and try a remote firmware update via VRM. The firmware itself can be downloaded from https://professional.victronenergy.com in Firmware/Lynx Shunt VE.Can (need to sign up).

If that's not possible, the only way I see is to contact your dealer/distributor for a possible warranty claim or replacement.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic