question

trujillo avatar image
trujillo asked

Multiplus 48/5000/70 - Best way to connect 6 Pylontech (off-grid)

Hello,

I have an off-grip installation composed by Multiplus 48/5000/70 and 4 Pylontech (US 2000).

Pylontech Batteries and all You need to Know (cclcomponents.com)

I have read this:

Victron & Pylontech UP2500, US2000, US3000, US2000C, US3000C, UP5000, Phantom-S, Force-L1 & L2 [Victron Energy]

Currently, I have 4 pylontec attached to the Multiplus, as shown (only the cables from the batteries that arrives to the Multiplus. Now, I want to add two more pylontech batteries (US 2000) and I do not know if I can do the 6 in the same lines or whether I have to split it into to have 3 and 3 batteries and use the empty borne (positive and negative) IMG_4373.jpg of the picture here.

Thanks for your reply and if both solutions are good, which one is the best and why? Is there anything that I should take into account that I am not... thanks!!

Multiplus-IIPylontechoffgrid
img-4373.jpg (2.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@trujillo

3 and 3 in a stack. Same length battery cables to multi, each on a different bolt. And the reason is better current sharing than 6 in a stack. The end batteries get hit harder than the middle ones in a stack.

Im a truly ideal situation all batteries connect to a bus bar with exactly the same cable lengths for most excellent current sharing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

trujillo avatar image
trujillo answered ·

Many thanks! Apologies for the long delay..... I wonder if I need to do any settings modifications and if so, which those might be so I can do the 2 stacks of 3 pylontech batteries (US2000).

I assume I need to do some changes in the VEConfigure EES Assistant, is this correct? And if so, what is the change that I require to do in the settings? Your feedback is highly appreciated.

2 |3000