question

graveyphil avatar image
graveyphil asked

will a 100/20 MPPT controller have a conflict with a bcdc charger

I have a bit of a problem with how I want to connect a new 200w panel.

Background:- My auto electrician found my two existing solar panels [in parallel] are putting out 37volts rather the the max 28 stated by the manufacturer. He could not connect them to the bcdc1250d charger [which also has a 750w MPPT controller but a limit of 32volts] he had just fitted so added a victron 100v/20a MPPT charger... An additional panel on this would be over 20amps, so I wanted to add a new 200 w panel to the redarc bcdc charger to utilise the 'green' function that uses solar before the alternator current. Id prefer not to go to series panel connection due to shading from roof vents and a satellite dish.

Question? Could there be conflict between new 200w panel connected via the bcdc1250D and the 2 old 140w panels connected via the victron 100/20 MPPT charger

Currently while the bcdc is working fully while driving the old solar potential is not being used

thanks

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingcharger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Question? Could there be conflict between new 200w panel connected via the bcdc1250D

What the frack is a bcdc1250D controller??

Link??????

0 Likes 0 ·
graveyphil avatar image graveyphil klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

redarc bcdc1250d https://www.redarcelectronics.co.nz/dual-input-50a-in-vehicle-dc-battery-charger

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Seeing as the Redarc has a limited # of presets, it would probably be best to set the bulk/absorb voltage in the 100-20 to the same voltage as the redarc.

I would set the float voltage in the 100-20 to the battery manufactures specs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic