question

ivanpianobcn avatar image
ivanpianobcn asked

Watts on battery not right

Watch the video that I attach here in order to understand the questions please. It is one hour aprox of remote control recorded, but in fast motion in order to make it 15 seconds.

So, there are a couple of things that seems to be wrong:
Watts on battery are not right. If you do the maths from the Grid, the AC Loads, and the PV Charger, that seems clear to me. What can be the source of the problem??

Battery percentage jumps from 2 different charge percentages various times. The difference between one and the other is about 5/7% battery. That happens no matter if charging, or if discharging.

The batteries are 2.4 kW Dyness b4850 (4 units)

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks.

battery charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@ivanpianobcn

Is the Dyness connected to the system via comms?

It is possible it is just data synchronisation is out.

Better to monitor locally than over the vrm.

0 Likes 0 ·
ivanpianobcn avatar image ivanpianobcn Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes. Can Bus
You're right, locally should be better, but the only bad thing, I wanted the clock to show up, and in local screen there's no clock on the screen (neither the iphone one, or the victron menu one).img-0614.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0614.png (361.9 KiB)
2 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

I am not sure where the external control is originating but it looks like the charger never goes into charge mode. If you could remove external control and try the test again it would be helpful.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ivanpianobcn avatar image ivanpianobcn commented ·

Do you mean the ESS?

img-0616.png

I'm not into external control. The ESS is configured to be on Optimized (without BatteryLife)

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0616.png (434.0 KiB)
ivanpianobcn avatar image
ivanpianobcn answered ·

Anyone?
It's still happening!

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@ivanpianobcn

With SOC being reported by the battery, it has to be a battery issue. I don't know how the Dyness determines SOC for itself, if it has shunt in it, or if it has a clever algorithm in its firmware. So the soc jumping I cannot help you with

The mppt being in extenal control, usually is controlled by the system not its own charge algorithm hence the external control state.

With the batteries being at different soc, that could be current sharing(so a battery bank wiring setup related issue) or the internal resistance is not the same for each module. How are they wired?

0 Likes 0 ·