question

marinaio avatar image
marinaio asked

Lynx Distribution (with Shunt module) - can this be used for 24V system with 4 AGM bateries ?

I would like to make a tidy installation for my new battery bank consisting of 4 x 12V 100Ah AGM Batteries making a 200Ah 24V system, with advanced features that Lynx Shunt module offers. I found only the system schematics for a 12V Lead batteries system on Victron site. My idea is to connect 1st two batteries in series (in order to get 24v) and then in parallel via Lynx Power-In module with the 2nd pair connected in series - does this makes any sense, and if yes, are there any issues with such a setup?

Additional reason why I would like to invest money in Lynx modules now, is that I can easily convert the setup to Lithium batteries in the future.

The battery bank will be installed as Service battery bank on a 24m motor yacht FYI.

Hope that I explained well, apologies in advance, as I am an humble DIY electrician only. :)

lynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic