question

peter-3 avatar image
peter-3 asked

MultiPlus Password ?

From my previous question :-

Reversed UPS on Victron Energy MultiPlus ? - Victron Community

I've looked at the Demo products and found it is possible to do what I want , BUT it looks like even setting the battery type is protected by a password looking it videos .

Is this password just a formality ? if not this product is totally useless and looks like I should get the phoenix inverter or is that password protected too ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@peter@peter247.co.uk

It is in the manual. To change basic settings and update firmware with Victron Connect is zzz. It does prevent accidental changes.

The only other thing that will need a not shared password for reglation reasons is the grid code setting. But you don't need to set that for basic AC ignore reasons.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-3 avatar image peter-3 commented ·
Thank you , that puts my mind to rest .

If I can change all the setting like get it work on life batteries etc , fine by me .

I DON'T WANT IT TO FEED ANY ENERGY TO THE GRID , just use the main for backup power and panic charging .

Didn't see anything in the on-line manual , only the password is for Victron registered installers only

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ peter-3 commented ·
That is for the more complex and ESS setup. As grid codes need to be set and complied with.

First time set does not need a password but changes to the grid standard after that will need the password. This is done in ve configure so a different program altogether.

But all the basics in Victron Connect are accessible to end users. For your set up this is enough.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gonzalo chain avatar image
Gonzalo chain answered ·

I guess I got caught on this issue too. We dont want to feed any energy to the grid but mistakenly and foolishly we set the country region to where we are (Italy) and now realized we want to go back and select the option (feed to grid not allowed - default option). 1.- I guess I fail to understand why you need a password just to reset the unit to factory defaults and 2.- while I can understand you you need some password to select a different country region from the one that was set to another region, why do you need a password to go from feed to grid to feed to grid NOT allowed. at any rate,how does one get a password to bring unit to factory default

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

By chance it seems your question has just been answered in this thread.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic