question

peter-3 avatar image
peter-3 asked

Reversed UPS on Victron Energy MultiPlus ?

Hi , I'm looking at the small side of the Multiplus inverters ( 500 or 800 watts ) and want to know can you make prioritise the battery and not the mains ?, so it will run on batteries until low voltage shut down and switch to main powered ?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@peter@peter247.co.uk

How will the batteries recharge? When you connect back to mains or do you have another option?

And yes you can. They are as capable as the bigger brothers in the family.

You can use the demo library of the Victron Connect app and play with a product settings for the 12/800. The function you are looking for is called AC input control.

screenshot-20220507-162201.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-3 avatar image peter-3 commented ·

How will the batteries recharge? , at this time my solar system is very much a work in progress , just the minimum to start with and slowly add more. I have a 100:20 smart controller and a 300 watt panel, 2 * 50ah 12v life batteries, and going to add more panels plus a shunt soon.

But looking at the inverter side too .

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ peter-3 commented ·

It will be a neat little system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

Why not just use ESS with a low MinSOC?

2 |3000