Right before Intersolar Munich in Germany (a big exhibition for us), a brand new version to test.
Various significant changes. The plan is that there will be a few more betas, and testing time ofcourse, before this is released. But no other large changes; to try and keep the timeline to official release reasonable.
All the best and have a good evening, Matthijs
Change log (compared to v2.85)
- Prepare for remote configuration of Victron products connected using the VE.Can comms. port: up until now, Remote Configuration is only possible for products connected using VE.Direct, as well as our VE.Bus product range. And this change is the one making up for that missing piece. The corresponding VictronConnect version is also available as a beta, see here.
- Add support for new Carlo Gavazzi EM530 and EM540 meter. Sub-Family X and PFC is supported, part numbers:
- Add option to configure the UI to show all temperatures in Fahrenheit.
- Fix main battery temperature missing, or wrong value shown, sometimes on the VRM Dashboard.
- Add Venus OS Large to the standard build. To learn what Venus OS Large is about, read here.
- Having this in the standard build is rather good news. It (a) removes the need for the large images to now and then be built manually. And (b) you can now, once v2.90~3 is installed, in the menu, select the large image and update to that, see Settings -> Firmware -> Online updates -> Image type (normal vs large). And (c) Venus OS Large can now be updated using the Online update system. However: there seems to be a bug in (b). More news about that later.
- Note that node-red no longer runs as root.
- Add various new VE.Bus models (Quattro-IIs and MultiPlus-IIs)
- Prepare for (or possibly even finish, I'll confirm later) Generator control widget on the VRM Portal website. Note that this includes various underwater changes to clean some things up, which should not make any effect.
- Add daily tracker history for Inverter RS and Multi RS, including transmission to VRM.
- Add first implementation of RV-C support. Its mostly RV-C out, ie making information of the Victron system available on the RV-C network where RV systems can pick it up to show in their user interfaces. Detailed spec will be published later.
- Force good settings for the FreedomWON eTower batteries: DVCC on, SVC and STS off.
- Better handle BMS disconnection issues: in some cases the solar chargers would not start showing Error #67 when unplugging the BMS. Now they do.
- Detect Dyness batteries, so they no longer show up under as a Pylon battery. Settings remain the same: DVCC force enabled on, SVS and STS force enabled off.
- Inverter/chargers: show state as "Ext. control"; instead of Bulk or Absorption, when controlled by a BMS/DVCC. When controlled by a BMS the inverter/charger would never show float, which caused questions. Now it just shows externally controlled, simpler, and more accurate: there is no bulk -> absorption -> float charge algorithm when controlled by BMS.
Less relevant for most users:
- GX LTE/GX GSM: prepare for allowing user configuration of PPP username and password, which some providers need. Note that this can't be used yet, gui change is pending.
- Prepare for the new coming model of the VE.Bus BMS, aka VE.Bus BMS v2; including remote firmware updates of the BMS.
- EV Charging station: add support for future models (AC22NS & AC22E) as well as some other preparations of features that can't be used yet until a future Venus OS beta version.
- Prepare for Widgets, a feature coming in next version of VRM App for iOS and Android.
- Update Linux kernel from 5.10.42 to 5.10.109, which updates to LTS for security issues and bug fixes, also adds support for Cerbo B1 and Ekrano, and adds ntfs support.
- Update Open Embedded Dunfell branches: various fixes to low level systems and tools.
- Various stability fixes to the xupd & xupc tools (which are part of remote firmware updates)
- Transmit default gateway to VRM as well as CPU temperature; for debugging.
- Add pre/post hooks to installation from USB stick: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/853