question

nickdb avatar image
nickdb asked

VRM dashboard - grid tile reporting wrong current

The calculation for amps on the grid tile on the dashboard seems to be using the wrong maths to determine current. See attached. Looks like 10V/W instead of W/V.

image-2022-05-03-at-31858-pm.jpeg

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

have you got ess turned on and has the correct meter type been selected. ie the inverter/charger and not external meter, it setting defaults to external meter from memory

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Yes . Its a reporting bug. Looks like it’s resolved now
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Nope. Problem still there across all the sites, it appeared quite recently. @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

I have the same issues with my sites.

2 |3000

ronski avatar image
ronski answered ·

I've also noticed the same issue, my Quattro is the grid meter, everything else is on AC out 1.

error-on-vrm.jpg

I have ESS turned on, looking in the ESS assistant I can't see any setting for a meter. I do have a E112 meter in the system, but that is measuring the energy from a seperate PV system on AC out 1, and is working as expected. Everything looks correct apart from the amps reading shown above.

error-on-vrm.jpg (6.2 KiB)
2 |3000

tom w avatar image
tom w answered ·

Maybe it's a problem with the Venus OS version. I'm still on version 2.82 and the numbers in VRM are correct. I'm using an external meter for the ESS, a Shelly 3EM.

2 |3000

ronski avatar image
ronski answered ·

I don't think so, mine is up to date at 2.93 - no updates available.

2 |3000

tom w avatar image
tom w answered ·

Did you have the problem before you updated to 2.93?

2 |3000

ronski avatar image
ronski answered ·

I've no idea, I updated the Cerbo a few weeks ago, the AC was only done this week, so its my first few days of full operation.

2 |3000