question

zabbaskeema avatar image
zabbaskeema asked

Cerbo Manual stop/start request!

Hello amazing people!

As much as we like the autostart generator feature we are a boat and we prefer starting the generator based of non logical factors.

That is not to say we do not need the generator to stop when the suitable battery voltage is reached or a given SOC is observed!

Right now if we manual start the generator and forget about it then the BMV712 disconnects the charge bus brutally. Fortunately our generator can cope with that but it would be much nicer to simply shut it down automatically when a give SOC or voltage is reached - yes, even if it was manually started!

Maybe a switch to allow autostart conditions in manual mode could be added? This would be perfect.

Or am I missing something? :)

Cheers!

cerbo gxGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @zabbaskeema

In a previous post you mention a Multiplus in your system. If still the case, consider using the Assistants onboard that rather than the Cerbo. After all, it's the Multi connected directly to the genset anyway.

You'll need to think out exactly how to do it, and may need signal wires, possibly both ways.

It depends on your genset, but for example, you might send a 10 second signal to a relay on the 'ignition' to open it. But only when the genset is running.

I'm sure you could make this work if you become familiar with the Assistants. And it's right there in front of you.

You're not alone in preferring manual start. I have 2 petrol gensets, neither of which I fully trust. Mainly it's that on/off fual cock, so I do it all manually.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.