question

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell asked

Spurious digital input alarms, bilge level switches

I have a cerbo GX on a boat running v2.84 firmware. I have 2 digital inputs configured which are float switches in the 2 bilges. They are volt free contacts just wired between the two digital input terminals. The alarm is inverted, when the float is down the switch is open but need the Cerbo to show OK.

Every so often, both bilge switches signal alarm and i get emails from VRM. However, the bilges are dry and the switch floats have not moved. The switches are in separate bilges compartments so it is very unlikely both would activate together. Also a wiring issue is less likely as the wiring is seperate apart from the plug block on the Cerbo.

The system is 12 months old and has happened 3 or 4 times and only in the past 3-4 months, not sure if it was only after going to V2.8x firmware.

The only way to clear the alarm is to reboot the Cerbo.

There was a similar thread some time ago on this that was never resolved. See https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/119339/digital-inputs-stay-stuck-on-280.html

Other info, the system has 12V, 3000kVA multiplus, 150/60 BlueSolar MPPT, BMV702, GX Tank 140, 4 temperature sensors and GPS on USB.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers