question

solarlion avatar image
solarlion asked

Priority of Charger / MPPTs when Battry is current limited…

I have Multiplus 2 in a 3 phase system, an AC coupled old Solar and 2 DC coupled MPPTs.
Running ESS with a 28 KWh Pylontech 48V Battery.
The old solar can feed the excess energy to the grid.
The new Victron system is not allowed to the grid and is a so called “Zero Feed in” system (“Nulleinspeisung” in German).
When my Battery reaches 95%, the charge current will be throttled like it should be.

Currently first all local Victron MPPTs reduce the power down till 0W. But the Adsorption and Float Loading continue using the loading device of the Multiplus 2.

I want to revert this locic, because my Solar system is allowed to feed to the grid, the Victron system not. So first the Multiplus Charger shall throttle and go down to 0, and second the MPPTs. Is this possible?

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
solarlion avatar image
solarlion answered ·

loading-priorities.png
Push this Question with an Image, becaue I still have no solution.

Describe Problem in a different way:
I have a Kostal Inverter AC Coupled (Middle curve in the picture)
And 2 MPPTs from Victron (Lowest curve).

When the Battery can not handle the amps - the system throttle the MPPTs and let the Multiplus 2 loading devices runn at full power. I want/need to invert this. The Multiplus should be throttled and the MPPTs should run at maximum power to not loose this energy. Excess energy should be feed to the grid, so it makes way more sense to throttle the Multiplus Loading instead of the MPPTs. Any way to define this "Priority of throttling"?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.