question

Paul avatar image
Paul asked

BMV keeps reconnecting

After connecting often comes up 0%

Sometimes come up the actual infos, but when I press settings / batteries there is a blank screen.

Also it reconnects several times per minute

Any ideas ? Thank you for help.

BTW I have a CAT S60 with Android 6...

BMV Battery MonitorBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Please send a wiring diagram of how you have connected the BMV

Please advise

• BMV Model
  • is the fuse of in battery voltage input to the shunt,
  • is the positive connection at the battery clean and intact
  • are all the plugs fully connected and are clean with NO corrosion
  • has it worked before
  • whats the battery voltage at the battery
  • whats the battery voltage at the connection at the shunt

I have no idea what you mean by "BTW I have a CAT S60 with Android 6.. "

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Paul B
I am wondering if Paul is having Bluetooth connection issues rather than BMV to battery connection issues. This may explain why he offered the details of the model of his telephone.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul avatar image Paul wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry for the confusion. The bluetooth connection is the problem. I get all correct infos on the BMV. But the phone (CAT S60) keeps connecting to BMV every few seconds. Sometimes coming up with "0" and sometimes with correct infos. But the infos about the battery, relais... Is a blank page

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul avatar image Paul commented ·

Sorry for the confusion. The bluetooth connection is the problem. I get all correct infos on the BMV. But the phone (CAT S60) keeps connecting to BMV every few seconds. Sometimes coming up with "0" and sometimes with correct infos. But the infos about the battery, relais... Is a blank page

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul avatar image
Paul answered ·

It is a BMV 712

2 |3000

dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

Just some thoughts, especially with android devices:

Make sure your phone is the only device around with Bluetooth enabled, fitness trackers, headphones etc tend to play havoc at times.

Have you backed up or changed phone lately.? Google stores all of your previous Bluetooth settings in an app called "smart things". When you try to run the Victron Connect app I think smart things attempts to run the past settings as well? Changed phones last week and had similar issues to you. Deleted all Bluetooth devices in Smart Things and everything worked.

Make sure you are the only one trying to access your BMV via Bluetooth. If any other device with Bluetooth enabled is paired with your BMV and in range, things wont work. (The old One At A Time Rule?)

Darren

2 |3000

betriebsdruck avatar image
betriebsdruck answered ·

... same Problem here ...

Typical for CAT S60?

Connecting my mppt solar charger:

Sometimes 0%

Offen stuck @80%

Retrying more Times a Minute.

Sometimes it works for 2 Minutes

Then reconnecting again without any Input from my Side.

2 |3000