question

wjf avatar image
wjf asked

WECO and Victron

Have you had experience with WECO and Victron installations? When following the manual, are they straightforward? Any bad feedback on the WECO? Any points why you would only buy a WECO? Thanks for your time to answer!

Lithium Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
What is a WECO?

Is that a brand or a specific device?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Just type "weco" into the search bar and viola! You will see comments.

The most recent was someone who had issues.

It is not on the compatibility list, so you will be on your own making it work.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wjf avatar image wjf commented ·
Thanks @nickdb for your reply. I have looked through a few of the comments, and a lot seemed like the installer wasn't following Weco advice. However, I will take on your words. Have you actually installed any or had to sort out any Weco yourself? Thanks again @nickdb
0 Likes 0 ·
kalito avatar image
kalito answered ·

@WJF WECO manufacture robust great batteries and they work well with Victron although I do not know why Victron has not tested them. In the US market their 5k3 battery has been branded Deka from some material I looked at recently.

WECO batteries come with 10yr warranty and +7000 cycles AT 100%DOD and can charge at C1.

What is key is to get the closed loop connection (digital coms) right. You need to crimp the RJ45 cable correctly to get the digital coms. Once you do, GX device will actually see WECO and display it in the device list. Here is the WECO to Victron pinout:

Victron GX side Function WECO side

Pin 3--------------------GND---------------Pin 3

Pin 8--------------------L--------------------Pin 2

Pin 7-------------------H---------------------Pin 1

If using TypeB RJ45 leave one end as is and mark that as the Victron GX side then on the other side which will be the WECO side, cut off the RJ45 adapter and pick out Brown, Brown/White and Green/White. Connect these cables to a new RJ45 adapter as follows:

Green/White ====> Pin 3

Brown=========> Pin 2

Brown/White====> Pin 1

When you check your device list on your GX device you will see WECO appear there.

I am installing two WECO 4K4s to Victron Multiplus II tomorrow. Will send pictures when done.

4 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It is up to the battery manufacturer to test, it’s not up to victron. That's generally how certification works in every industry.
0 Likes 0 ·
wjf avatar image wjf commented ·
Thanks @Kalito. Be good to see the pictures. Appreciate your time to reply, specially since you have had hands on experience with WECO. I take it from your reply that you don't hav issues with the WECO? Also curious if you have installed any with Telco gear/ rectifiers?
0 Likes 0 ·
kalito avatar image kalito wjf commented ·

Here you can see the Weco batteries appear in GX device list

wecogxdevicelist.png

wecogx.png

0 Likes 0 ·
wecogx.png (16.6 KiB)
stminy116 avatar image stminy116 commented ·

Dobrý deň.

Som zo Slovenska. Kúpil som vaše batérie WECO 5,3 kWh pre inštaláciu Victron. BMS kamera komunikuje, ale zapisuje chybu Monitor batérie [512] - Alarm vysokého napätia: Alarm. Dodávateľ mi nevie poradiť!!!! Tvrdili, že batérie sú 100% kompatibilné. Victron má nastavený Absorption 56.6V Float 56.6V. Batéria sa rýchlo nabila. Opakovane aktivuje budíky na obrazovke. Prikladám aj foto. whatsapp-image-2022-09-13-at-143149.jpegwhatsapp-image-2022-09-12-at-165731.jpegsnimka-obrazovky-2022-09-13-151459.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
wjf avatar image
wjf answered ·

Thanks @Kalito

2 |3000

uv-solar avatar image
uv-solar answered ·

hi kalito,

im planning an installation with victron multiplus 2 , color control and studer variostring mppt

with weco batteries

any doubts about such a setup? they have a different protocol bus can studer and victron not sure when combining with weco...

kind regards

birdy

1 comment
2 |3000

claudioita avatar image claudioita commented ·
Hi, how did it go?
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources