question

jefffay avatar image
jefffay asked

Matching cable lengths to a lynx power in?

I know that all pos battery and all neg battery cable lengths should match running to a Lynx power IN bus. Why is the additional length of the bus bar not considered? I know it's a far smaller AWG (equivalent) compared to, say, 2/0 AWG with low resistance but I would think it would still figure in some calculation, no? The bus bar on the Lynx Power In is ~256mm2 which is really close to 500MCM wire.

Would it be good to wire the 4 x batteries diagonally into the Lynx Power In?

I assume that all positives and all negatives do not need to be the same length as long as all the positives are the same length and all the negatives are the same length?

battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark Anderson avatar image Mark Anderson commented ·
Did you ever figure this out
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob answered ·

I have the same question that you posed here:

"I assume that all positives and all negatives do not need to be the same length as long as all the positives are the same length and all the negatives are the same length?"

I also assume, as you do, that this is true. If all positive cables are the same length, and all negative cables are the same length, then I would think the positive and negative cables could be different lengths. But I don't know. Too bad nobody answered this question.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Patrick avatar image
Patrick answered ·

When paralleling multiple batteries together it is important to keep the all the positive cables the same length and all the negative cables but not critical to keep the pos and neg the same length.

The voltage drop of the bus bar is not critical as they are rated for max amperage In the case of the LYNX power in stay under the 1000A rating combine loads or combine charging sources. If you gang multiple LYNX units together the combined still amperage is still 1000A.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic