question

stella avatar image
stella asked

Is grid feed in from battery possible?

Hello, I am Alain.

My system is:

Quattro 10kva, 2 x fronius primo, 48v lifepo4 battery bank 50kwh connected to the grid.

Everything works perfect, as in, the solar that is not used feeds to the grid.

I want the excess solar power stored in the battery to feed to the grid later in the evening.

The reason for this is the compensation I get is highest in the evening.

Somebody out there with a solution?

Regards.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargergridFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

I take if you have a GX device connected to the Quattro for monitoring?

In Venus OS, you can change the Settings > ESS > Grid Setpoint to a negative value and it will feed back into the grid. You will need to write a script that runs on the Cerbo to change this automatically at certain times tho. You should be able to do it via the DBus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stella avatar image
stella answered ·

Yes, the CCGX.

For my setup there was no need for the ESS assistant.

So what is the best ESS assistant for this?

2 |3000

paragon avatar image
paragon answered ·

It would be quick and convenient to move the Mains setpoint in the ESS to the negative range.
See picture.ess.jpgDisadvantage of this cheap solution is that this must be manually adjusted every day, so as not to end with empty batteries in the blackout.The better solution would be, of course, that Victron provides a timer in the GX device ;-)

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:quick-installation-guide

ess.jpg (36.4 KiB)
2 |3000

dune7 avatar image
dune7 answered ·

Hello. I’m also keen to have a battery to grid feed in to a set SOC to take advantage of evening feed in rates. Ideally in the scheduled charging, add a scheduled discharging time and level identical to currently, but the other way. I realise great things are happening with dynamic ESS, but non dynamic for those of us on timed export rates could use a simple solution like ESS charge schedules for discharge without having to learn node Red, Home assistant or manually change settings and monitor at 4-5pm when there’s a perfectly good computer and clock there :0). Thanks for considering this.

Multiplus II

Cerbo GX

3x Pylontech US300C

3.8kWp

Octopus Flux Tariff

16.1p Import 2-5am

27.5p Export 4-7pm

Zero W Grid usage February - October

Mixed Solar/Grid Charging October - November

Charge/Discharge November through January

Daytime usage all Year 3.8 - 5Kwh

2 |3000