question

philv avatar image
philv asked

is the any way to change the settings of the trickle starter battery charge on my Quattro

I have a quattro 24v 3000 70 with the trickle charge cable connected to my starter battery bank, I recently had a co alarm go off in the engine room which I tracked to the starter batteries giving off hydrogen, they also felt warm to the touch, they haven't been used for a few months. I assumed the Quattro would manage the charge rather than keep charging when they don't need it and boil my batteries but that looks like what's been happening, so now i've disconnected the charge cable until I can find out what's going on, can anyone advise me please.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

If it is like the Multiplus then the trickle charge function is merely a take off from the main DC power through a diode and something to limit the current, so the trickle charge voltage merely follows whatever the main battery voltage is less 0.3 to 0.6V depending on how much current is flowing via the trickle charge to the starter battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.